Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Want To

There are many takes on this concept, but the hardest parts of this walk with God involve our will; that is, we struggle with knowing what to do and our feelings about those things.

I'll use myself as an example. For the last couple of weeks, I have had significant issues with a few people. Neverminding who they are, they have done some things that offend me. In other cases, they have just out-and-out wronged me. The bible says to forgive them. Seventy-times-seven times. Period. Not that we were even supposed to count that number in the first place, but the idea is that my forgiveness for them should be nearly infinite. That is hard because I have feelings in the way. I should, but I don't want to.

Ultimately, with God helping me, I will, but man, this is hard. Some days, I'd rather be in Egypt than to be responsible for carrying out this really difficult (but clearly not impossible) commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment